Recent Film News
About Barrow County
County Seat – Winder
Distance from County Seat to Atlanta – 45 miles
Airport/Distance – 48 miles to Hartsfield-Atlanta Airport - less than 1 mile to Barrow County Airport
Topography – Rolling farmland interspersed with commercial/industrial clusters
Filmography – WSBTV Atlanta, Channel 2: Georgia's Hidden Treasures-Holiday Edition, December 2010 coverage of Town of Bethlehem
Unique Filming Locations
- City of Staham: Downtown main area consists of antique shops housed in old factories. Old bank remains with old teller windows.
- Ft. Yargo State Park: Camping, hiking, and fishing on 18,590-acre complex. Has Pioneer Camp site within the City of Winder.
- Carl House: Beautifully restored antebellum home serves as special events location for weddings, etc. Chef on site for special occasions and
- Golf courses: Four distinctly different golf course locations: Chateau Elan in Braselton, The Georgia Club in Statham, The Chimney's Golf Course in Winder, and Pine Hills Golf Club in Winder.
- Shackelford Park: Shackelford Park in Auburn has canopy of trees interspersed with nature trails.
- Old Railroad Depot: Old railroad depot in Winder was restored several years ago complete with railroad train engine housed on the grounds.